Web Application Development Process
The following list of procedures and proposed documents provides a good diagram of the life cycle and process of a web application development:
- Roadmap: defining a web application, goals, goals and directions
- Study and determination of audience size and security documents
- Create functional specifications or a brief document
- Collaboration and project management document
- Choice of technology, technical specifications, illustrative diagram of the architecture and structure of the web application, development methodology, version control, backups, updates, planning documentation for expansion and growth, selection of server hardware / software
- Analysis and selection of third-party providers (trading account and payment gateway, SSL certificate, provider of a managed server / shared server, service centers, software for analyzing website visitors, third-party control systems, etc.)
- Visual application guide, layout design, interface design, wireframe
- Database design and web application development.
- Testing: quality assurance, multi-browser compatibility, security, performance – stress and stress testing, usability
Web Application Testing
Frequent testing is a very important part of any web development service. This part of the process sometimes requires more time and effort than the development itself.
Testing is carried out at several different levels, and different types of testing are required to verify the correct operation of the application. Here are some of the types of testing you need:
- Quality assurance and error testing
- Compatible with multiple browsers
- Application Security
- Performance – stress and stress testing
- The convenience of use
With the development of new applications, the way companies conduct business has changed. Here are some examples:
- Information is available to all who are looking for it.
- The way traditional companies do business has been challenged by the new global environment created by the new network.
- Internet business and e-commerce have become one thing.
- Customers and customers can find services and products more easily. They can also find more options and choose the one that best suits their needs and budget.
- The consulting company and the consulting company are currently experiencing difficulties due to the vast amount of information and recommendations available on the Internet.
- Location Services (LBS) will use GPS.
- Augmented reality (AR) and utility applications will be integrated.
- IoT applications connect the world.
How to create a web application: tips on how to understand it correctly. If you want to create a successful application on the first try, you need to know exactly what you are doing. Let’s go through the web application development process step by step.
Step 1: Planning
Before you start with all this coding, you need to take a look at the wider picture and plan ahead. You don’t want to write code again and again, right? Ask yourself the most basic questions, such as: What is your goal? What is the general intention? Who will use the application? How to make it as simple as possible?
Once you know the answers to these questions, you can start creating a new web application. However, make sure you really think it through.
Step 2: Think About the User Experience
Do not catch everything at once on programming. Do not forget that you should devote much more time to research and design preparation than programming. One of the first things to think about is user interaction. Try to understand the potential user and create a user-friendly design.
Step 3: write smarter, no more
Every piece of code you write should have a purpose. If you write more, and not write less cleverly, you practically ask for errors. Each line of code should provide the necessary function or solve a problem.
Step 4: Choose The Right Structure
You do not need to do everything from scratch on your own. In fact, when it’s possible, you should simplify the task for yourself, because the application development process will not only be simpler and faster, but also avoid many mistakes along the way.
Choose the right platform for developing web applications and build better applications in less time.
Step 5: Don’t Overdo It
It’s great to think about the future, but do not overdo things just because you have a vague vision of what the future user may need or not. Of course, today’s interfaces will become obsolete over time, and there will come a time when you have to change it, but for now, don’t get it all.
Expect to make some updates in the future, but to get started, make things as simple as possible. This will save you a lot of time and effort, and the application will probably work out better anyway.
Step 6: Write Testable Code
Frequent testing is what matters. If you want to be a serious developer, you should be serious about testing. However, some code is almost impossible to test because of how it was written. Think about this when writing your own code.
Step 7. Find out why you are optimizing
If you create just a quick prototype of the code, you do not need to spend a lot of time optimizing it for maximum reliability, etc. However, if you create code that is designed for some time, you should optimize it for readability and extensibility. After you will be someone who works on the code, and he must understand this. Do not complicate things just to complicate things. In the end, we have already talked about the importance of maintaining simplicity and efficiency.
Final thoughts on web application development
Web application development can be both extremely complex and extremely simple; it all depends on the approach you decide to use. One way or another, you must remember why and for whom you are creating the application, and then let it speak for itself.Like any other project, developing a web application requires some research and preparation. The whole process needs to be carefully thought out before you start writing code to get the best results in no time.
On the way to achieving your goal, do not forget to use the right tools, and ALWAYS make things as simple as possible. Complex reductions will lead to errors, and this is the last thing you want.And last but not least, don’t underestimate the power of testing — it can save you from many sleepless nights in the future.All of this, as they say, continue to practice and let your skills grow with your experience. Soon enough, you will be able to go through the entire development process without any major problems along the way.
For more information NYC’s Best Digital Agency