Looking at Google Analytics, we can say that companies are looking for both a web design company and a web development company. Currently, these terms are almost interchangeable, as “web companies” alternate the way they describe their services. The truth is that the terms refer to two fundamentally different aspects of the process of creating a site that requires two unique skills. Why is it important to know the difference when you are looking for someone to design and develop your company’s website? Let’s see if we can give some clarity.
Click Here”Website Designing Companies In UAE”
Web design versus web development in a nutshell
Web Design – A Close Look
Web designers should always start by looking at the goals of the client’s website and then move on to information architecture (IA) to establish the website’s information hierarchy and help guide the design process. Web designers can then start building wireframes and finally move on to the design stage. Web designers can use several basic design principles to create an aesthetically pleasing layout that also offers an excellent user experience.
- Balance. Web designers need to create a balanced layout In web design, we refer to heavy (large and dark colors) and light (small and light colors) elements. Using the right proportions of each is critical to achieving a balanced website design.
- Contrast. In color theory, contrasting colors are opposite the color wheel (see also complementary colors). Web design offers several other areas where contrast is applied. Designers look at contrasting sizes, textures and shapes to identify and draw attention to specific sections of the site.
- Accent – we raised this issue a bit when discussing contrast. Emphasis is the principles of design based on the intentional “highlighting” of certain important elements of the site’s layout. It is important to note that if you underline everything on a page, you end up highlighting nothing Imagine a page in a book where 80% of the content is highlighted in yellow … does anything stand out? It is time to take a look at this information architecture for direction.
- Consistency – consistency, also called repetition or rhythm, is an important principle of web design. For example, clean and consistent navigation provides the best user experience for visitors to your site.
- Unity – Unity is the relationship between the various parts of a site’s layout and the composition as a whole. Based on Gestalt theory, the unit deals with how the human brain visually organizes information by grouping elements into categories..
Web designers need to create a balanced layout
Click Here: Digital Marketing Services In UAE
Web Development – A Close Look
Web developers, sometimes called programmers, take the created design and create a full-fledged website. Simply put, just think of the design as a non-interactive “picture” of the website. Developers accept this design and break it down into its components. They then use either HTML or a more dynamic approach, including programming languages such as PHP, to develop various pages of the website. More advanced web developers can use a content management system (CMS) such as WordPress or Joomla to simplify development and provide customers with an easy way to maintain and update their website.
Web developers can convert a static layout to a dynamic website using image and content cursors, focuses for links and buttons, and other interactive elements. Small and medium-sized businesses looking for a website or remodeling their existing website can be confused by the blurry lines surrounding the terms “web design” and “web development”. Even if there are people who can do both. Many companies have special designers who create the site’s layout and then transfer the design files to the programmer who completes the development phase. I hope this article helps clarify the common misconception that design and development are one and the same.
Source : https://www.dmtwebhosting.com/