It is primarily designed to inspect all gas appliances, including water heaters, stoves and fires (permanent or portable), to ensure they function properly and safely. A recognized gas safety engineer MUST perform a gas safety check.
Each household with gas appliances must undergo an annual gas safety check by a registered gas-proof engineer. It should be noted that a gas safety inspection is NOT an alternative to a service and that the devices must also be checked annually to ensure they function efficiently and safely. If you have an annual service, this includes an annual security check so you don’t have to do both.
If you are a landlord, you are legally required to perform an annual gas safety check for all gas appliances in your rental properties and to prove this to your tenants in the form of a gas security certificate or CP12 landlord. This is provided by your installer and provides proof that the devices have been inspected by an authorized installer.
What they verify to issue the gas safety certificate:
- The tightness of your gas appliances is checked.
- If test points are available, foot and working pressure are tested.
- The Gas Safe technician checks the burner pressure and gas flow rate on the manufacturer’s data plate.
- Verifications are performed to ensure all necessary ventilation.
- Smoke flow is tested to verify if combustion products are removed.
- All devices for flame failure are verified for proper operation
- If necessary, controls will be carried out on the physical stability, presence and effectiveness of the stability supports.
- Investigations will be conducted and reported on any evidence of unsafe operation.
In London Property Inspections Safety Certificates we are qualified to perform a series of safety checks and issue gas safety certificates. Our engineers are registered with Gas Safe and Stroma. We also have a NAPIT and NICEIC certification. We value your time and money.
Click Here for more information about London Property Inspections