Teaching about Tawheed in Quran
Verses of the Holy Quran on monotheism (Tawheed) is really useful for all Muslims.
Monotheism (Tauheed or Tawhid), that is, belief in one Allah is such a powerful Faith and Foundation of Islam on which the whole structure of Islam is an architect. So what about to learn The Verses of the Holy Quran on monotheism (Tawheed). All the prophets called their people to the true faith. Adoration is the exclusive right of Allah due to Him alone. Monotheism is such an essential part of the belief that the Prophet (PBS) during the thirteen years of his preaching in Mecca focused mainly on Tawheed (Unity of Allah) and invoked people on Tawhid by banning any partner to Allah. The Holy Quran is full of this concept of Monotheism, and most verses of the Holy Quran are about Monotheism.
Each prophet taught his people the same lesson:
“Indeed, We sent Nuh (Noah) to his people, and he said,” O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilah (God) but Him. Certainly, I fear for you the torment of a great day! “[Al-A’raf 7: 59]
“And indeed, We sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming):” Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or remove) all false gods “Then of them were those whom Allah Guided and they were certain on whom the misguidance justified.So travel across the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth). “[An-Nahl 16:36]
The basis of our creation is to worship Allah:
“And I (Allah), I did not create the jinn and the men, except that they should worship Me (alone).” [Az-Zariyat 51:56]
“And your Lord has decreed that you worship only Him …” [Al-Isra ’17: 23]
Say: “Come, I will recite what your Lord has forbidden you: Do not associate something in worship with Him …” [Al-Anam 6: 151]
Every Muslim in his five prayers confirms this belief:
“You (Alone) worship and you (alone) ask for help (for everyone and everything)” [Al-Fatihah 1: 5]
Some of the verses that mention monotheism are:
- “And indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Quran).We believed in it (Islamic monotheism), and whoever believes in his Lord will have no fear of a diminution of the reward of his good deeds, an increase in punishment for his sins “[Al-Jinn 72:13]
- “Say (O Muhammad PBUH):” Who gives you heaven and earth? Or who has hearing and sight? And who brings out the living of the dead and brings out the death of the living? And who arranges the business? “They will say,” Allah. “Say,” Will not you be afraid of the punishment of Allah (for having established rivals in the worship of Allah)? “[Yunus 10:31]
- “Has he made the Alihah (gods) (all) into One Ilah (God – Allah) Truly, it is a curious thing!” [Surah Sad 38: 5]
- “It is Allah, your Lord!” There is no god but Him, the Creator of all things. Then worship him, and he has the power to dispose of all affairs “[Al-An’am 6: 102]
- “And in truth, if you ask them,” Who created the heavens and the earth? “They will surely say,” Allah (created them). Say, “Tell me, then, the things you are invoking besides Allah. So to learn The Verses of the Holy Quran on monotheism (Tawheed) is really important. If Allah wanted to harm me, could He remove His evil? Or if he (Allah) has foreseen some mercy for me, could they hold His mercy? “Say,” Sufficient for me is Allah; in Him, those who trust (that is, believers) must put their trust. “[Az-Zumar 39:38]
- “Were they created by nothing or were they the creators?
Or did they create the heavens and the earth? No, but they have no firm belief. “[At-tur 52: 35,36]
- “And they say,” There is nothing but our life in this world, we die, and we live, and nothing destroys us except Ad-Dahr (time). And they do not know it: they just conjecture. “[Al-Jathiya 45:24]
- “This is the creation of Allah, show me what those you worship, besides Him, have created: No, the Zalimun (the polytheists, the unjust and those who do not believe in Unity from Allah) are in error. “[Luqman 31:11]
- “Say (O Muhammad P.B.U.H):” Do you think of all that you invoke besides Allah? Show me. What did they create the earth? Or do they have a part in (the creation of) the heavens? Bring me a Book (revealed before that), or a trace of knowledge (in support of your affirmations), if you are truthful! “[Al-Ahqaf 46: 4]
- “[Moses] said,” Verily, you know that these signs were not sent by anyone but the Lord of the heavens and the earth (as proof, that is, proofs of Allah’s Unity and Omnipotence … And I think you are, O Fir’aun (Pharaoh) doomed to destruction! “” [Al-Isra 17: 102]
This is a brief description of the Quranic verses related to Monotheism, but if we read the Quran and the Hadiths, we learn that they are full of teachings concerning the Oneness of Allah. Surah Ikhlas exhaustively summarizes Islamic monotheism.So all Muslims should know The Verses of the Holy Quran on monotheism (Tawheed).